[INDOLOGY] The Journal of Hindu Studies (JHS) is looking for book-reviewers!
Giulia Buriola Meneghin
giulia.buriola at hotmail.it
Mon Sep 26 21:22:33 UTC 2022
as you might already know, the Journal of Hindu Studies<https://academic.oup.com/jhs/?login=false> (Oxford University Press) is looking for book-reviewers!
We are currently looking for reviewers for the following books:
1. Basu, Amrita, & Tanika Sarkar, eds., Women, Gender and Religious Nationalism<https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/women-gender-and-religious-nationalism/406CE233B3EF4D3E40856439DA06CFED>, 2022, Cambridge University Press.
2. De, Aniket, The Boundary of Laughter: Popular Performances across Borders in South Asia<https://india.oup.com/product/the-boundary-of-laughter-9780190131494>, 2022, Oxford University Press (272 pages).
3. Jain, Kajri, Gods in the Time of Democracy<https://www.dukeupress.edu/gods-in-the-time-of-democracy>, 2021, Duke University Press (360 pages).
4. Moise, Ionut, Salvation in Indian Philosophy Perfection and Simplicity for Vaiśeṣika<https://www.routledge.com/Salvation-in-Indian-Philosophy-Perfection-and-Simplicity-for-Vaiseika/Moise/p/book/9781032084787>, 2021, Routledge (228 pages).
5. O'Brien-Kop, Karen, Rethinking 'Classical Yoga' and Buddhism: Meditation, Metaphors and Materiality<https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/rethinking-classical-yoga-and-buddhism-9781350229990/>, 2021, Bloomsbury Publishing (280 pages).
6. Rigopoulos, Antonio, The Hagiographer and the Avatar: The Life and Works of Narayan Kasturi<https://sunypress.edu/Books/T/The-Hagiographer-and-the-Avatar>, 2021, SUNI Press (526 pages).
7. Schwarz Linder, Silvia, Goddess Traditions in India: Theological Poems and Philosophical Tales in the Tripurārahasya<https://www.routledge.com/Goddess-Traditions-in-India-Theological-Poems-and-Philosophical-Tales-in/Linder/p/book/9780367277031>, 2022, Routledge (316 pages).
8. Young, Katherine, Turbulent Transformations: Non-Brahmin Srivaisnavas on Religion, Caste and Politics in Tamil Nadu<https://orientblackswan.com/details?id=9788194925880>, 2021, Orient BlackSwan (416 pages).
And, for a review essay:
1. Irani, A.A., The Muhammad Avatara: Salvation History, Translation, and the Making of Bengali Islam<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-muhammad-avatra-9780190089221?cc=at&lang=en&#>, 2021, Oxford University Press (456 pages).
2. Steward, T.K., Witness to Marvels – Sufism and Literary Imagination<https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520306332/witness-to-marvels>, 2019, University of California Press (336 pages).
Should you be interested in reviewing one of the above-listed books, please send an email to me off-list at giulia.buriola at hotmail.it<mailto:giulia.buriola at hotmail.it>, briefly indicating why you are an appropriate reviewer for the book.
Do bear in mind that not all publishers are willing to provide hard copies of books for review.
Lastly, if you would like to propose a book for review, or would like to review a book that is not listed here, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly. We are also welcome proposals for review essays on a select grouping of related publications.
All the best,
Giulia Buriola Meneghin
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the INDOLOGY