[INDOLOGY] Dhanvantari gayatrī-mantra with source

Charles Li cchli at cantab.net
Wed Oct 26 10:00:03 UTC 2022

Dear Harry,

Here is a maṅgalaśloka from the /Lakṣmaṇotsava/ (1450 CE, according to
the NCC) in upajāti metre that might fit the description of what you're
looking for. I don't know if the text has been edited; this is the
incipit of manuscript Sanscrit 1228 from the Palmyr Cordier collection
at the national library of France, copied in 1899 from a manuscript at
the Sanskrit College of Benares (photo attached). See lines 6-7:

    namo stu dhanvaṃtaraye samastajarāparāṃtaṃ katamas savitre ||
    divyāṃganāsaṃgatayauvanaśrīsaṃpattidāyāmṛtasādhanā yaṃ || 3 ||

Maybe it should read samstajvarā* in line 1? But that messes up the metre.

Best,

Charles