[INDOLOGY] Adobe & Devanagari works perfectly fine

Antonia Ruppel rhododaktylos at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:18:51 UTC 2022

I know this does not quite address the original question, but given that
good fonts are always of interest: Tiro Devanagari Sanskrit, originally
developed for the Murty Library, is an excellent, aesthetically pleasing
font that allows for full Vedic/accentual notation not just in nāgarī, but
also in transliteration. Combining nāgarī and transliteration in the same
sentence/paragraph also does not cause any issues (such as extra space
between lines, which you get with some other fonts.) It's freely available
here:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Tiro+Devanagari+Sanskrit

All my best,
    Antonia