[INDOLOGY] descriptions of fortified towns in the epics

Tieken, H.J.H. (Herman) H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Mar 18 08:35:11 UTC 2022

Dear List members,
In an article I am writing I want to refer to descriptions of fortified towns in the epics. The only publication specifically dealing with such descriptions that I know of and have at home is J.K. de Cock, Eene oudindsiche stad volgens het epos (Groningen 1899). .I do not think that a reference to this book is useful in an English publication. Are there other books or articles about descriptions (not archaeological finds) of fortified towns in the epics (Shonaleeka Kaul deals mainly with Kāvya)?
With kind regards, Herman