[INDOLOGY] Spread of the Bhagavadgītā

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 23:04:47 UTC 2022

Thank you to:
Aleksandar Uskokov (offlist) who pointed me to:

1. His paper "A Mimamsaka reading Krsna's song
https://www.academia.edu/41330540/A_M%C4%ABm%C4%81%E1%B9%81saka_Reading_K%E1%B9%9B%E1%B9%A3%E1%B9%87as_song_P%C4%81rthas%C4%81rathi_Mi%C5%9Bra_And_the_Bhagavad_g%C4%ABt%C4%81
2: Nakamura: A History of Early Vedanta Philosophy
https://books.google.com/books?id=uxlviMaCPFAC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Lyne Bansat-Boudon who pointed me to:

1.

   1.

   Bansat-Boudon, Lyne & Törzsök, Judit (2018). « Abhinavagupta on the
   Kashmirian Gītā. Announcement of the First Critical Edition of the
   Gītārthasaṃgraha, with the Reconstruction of the Text of the
   Kashmirian Gītā as Abhinavagupta Probably Read It and a French
   Translation of Both Texts ». In : Journal of Indian Philosophy 46.1, p.
   31–64.

Bradley Clough who pointed me to:

1. The Bhagavad Gita: A Biography by Richard Davis
Chapter 4 (titled, "Krishna, the *Gita*, and the Indian Nation," pp.
115-153)

Tracy Coleman (offlist)  who pointed me to:

1. An article in the Oxford Biblographies Hinduism
https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195399318/obo-9780195399318-0229.xml

Harry Spier