[INDOLOGY] Naya in Jaina Philosophy

Rolf Heinrich Koch rolfheiner.koch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:05:01 UTC 2022

Dear Raja,

This method popular with Jaina scholastics to highlight single, distinct
views (nayas) of the concept under study is used very often in the
commentary literature.
See e.g. Jinadāsa's Āvaśyaka-cūrṇi p. 379 and Haribhadra's
Āvaśyaka-vṛtti p. 181 (vs. 754).

Secondary literature e.g. Schubring, The Doctrine of the Jainas, § 76.

Best

Heiner

Am 02.06.2022 um 18:58 schrieb Raja Rosenhagen via INDOLOGY:
> Dear all,
>
> Any hints as to where I might find proper definitions and discussions
> of the Jaina concept of 'naya' would be much appreciated! 🙏🏼
>
> I have quite some secondary literature, but it strikes me as shallow.
> Hence, references to primary texts would be especially useful.
>
> Many thanks,
> Raja

Dr. Rolf Heinrich Koch
www.rolfheinrichkoch.wordpress.com