[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit translation of Don Quixote rescued from oblivion | The Guardian

Periannan Chandrasekaran perichandra at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 00:22:03 UTC 2022

Well, pretty soon,  someone is going to ask that with a straight face, if
the Karanataka Govt.'s NEP proposal is implemented:

Question Pythagoras theorem and trim ‘Eurocentric’ concepts, observes the
position paper of Karnataka’s NEP 2020
<https://indianexpress.com/article/education/question-pythagoras-theorem-and-trim-eurocentric-concepts-observes-the-position-papers-of-karnatakas-nep-2020-8021235/>

"In the position paper of Knowledge of India, the guidelines encourage
students to question the Pythagoras theorem and Newton’s law of gravity. It
says, “ …encouraging an attitude of questioning and not merely accepting
whatever the textbooks (or print/electronic/social media) say as infallible
truth, with a clear foundation of how knowledge generation takes place and
how fake news such as Pythagoras theorem, apple
<https://indianexpress.com/about/apple/> falling on Newton’s head etc. are
created and propagated.”

Regards
Periannan Chandrasekaran