[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit translation of Don Quixote rescued from oblivion | The Guardian

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 07:57:42 UTC 2022

 How do we know the original was not written in Sanskrit long ago and only later translated into Spanish?  ;-)
Best,
Dean

    On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 01:19:30 PM GMT+5:30, Richard Mahoney via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

 Not something I expected to find in the paper this evening, esp. after all we've been putting up with; thanks for the great news. :)
‘First modern novel – oldest language’: Sanskrit translation of Don Quixote rescued from oblivion | Miguel de Cervantes | The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/jul/06/first-modern-novel-oldest-language-sanskrit-translation-of-don-quixote-rescued-from-oblivion

Best Richard

--
T +6433121699  M +64210640216rmahoney at indica-et-buddhica.orghttps://indica-et-buddhica.org/
Indica et BuddhicaLittledene  Bay Road  Oxford  NZNZBN: 9429041761809