[INDOLOGY] hyenas

Asko Parpola aparpola at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:48:42 UTC 2022

I do not have at hand Stephanie Jamison’s book "The ravenous hyenas and the wounded sun: Myth and ritual in ancient India”, Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1991 (xxi, 336 pp.), and though I have read the book, I do not remember how closely the hyenas are described, but surely this is a book to be consulted.

Best wishes, Asko