[INDOLOGY] catalogs of Orissa manuscript collections

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 3 08:11:24 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues, and especially dear Dominik,

I am about to give a big part of my library to the EFEO, which will ensure cataloging of the books through <http://www.sudoc.abes.fr/cbs/> and availability of the same either at its Paris or its Pondicherry library, for readers who prefer print over pdf. In the first instance, this mainly concerns my collection of editions and translations of Vedic texts.

However, sifting through boxes of books I also stumble upon this collection (photo attached) of catalogs of manuscripts in three collections at Bhubaneswar, principally the Orissa State Museum. Am I correct in believing that none of these is represented at <https://indology.info/scanned-catalogues/>?

I haven't checked whether any or all are already findable online, but if not, I'd like to make the collection available to be scanned and added to Dominik's collection. Otherwise, I think I'll hold on to them in the hope once to return to the study of Orissa manuscripts.

Best wishes,

Arlo Griffiths

Library of Scanned Catalogues of Sanskrit and Prakrit Manuscripts - Indology<https://indology.info/scanned-catalogues/>
(Fast mirror at Google drive, courtesy of Martin Gluckman.). Sources. This collection of scanned manuscript catalogues is derived almost entirely from the Public or Digital Library of India.. Some come from the Archive.org and the Jain eLibrary.. A great debt of gratitude is due to all these resources for selflessly promoting scholarship.
indology.info