[INDOLOGY] Re. Book announcement: Visions of the Buddha (critical response by Bhikkhu An​ālayo)

Bhikkhuni Dhammadinna dhammadinnaa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 05:17:50 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,
good morning (or other time of the day!).
On behalf of the Āgama Research Group, I am bringing to your attention a
paper by Bhikkhu Anālayo presenting a detailed critical evaluation of
Eviatar Shulman’s Visions of the Buddha, Creative Dimensions of Early
Buddhist Scripture (2021):
Bhikkhu Anālayo, “‘Visions of the Buddha’: A Critical Reply”, Journal of
Buddhist Studies, 2021, 18: 1‒36.
(We posted the same notice to the H-Buddhism mailing list; apologies to
those who will be receiving this message twice.)
With kind regards,
Bhikkhunī Dhammadinnā

Āgama Research Group
Department of Buddhist Studies