[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit inscription in Egypt?

Westin Harris wlharris at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jul 2 10:48:36 UTC 2022

Dear Rich,

Here is a link (below) to a fascinating slideshow presentation by Dr. Sidebotham showcasing many South Asian finds at Berenike.

From what I can tell, he does not mention the Sanskrit inscription but he does discuss numerous other South Asian discoveries at Berenike, including a beautiful Buddha statue at 47:00, a South Asian textile resembling an Ajanta mural at 26:50, South Asian beads at 28:00, and more.

Video link: https://youtu.be/2q1fyoZN10Q

Sincerely,

Westin Harris
Ph.D. Candidate
Study of Religion
University of California, Davis
https://religions.ucdavis.edu/people/westin-harris

2021 Dissertation Fellow,
The Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Program in Buddhist Studies

Sarva Mangalam.