[INDOLOGY] "The Age of the Unicorn, Brought to You by IIT Kharagpur"
mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 4 08:01:04 UTC 2022
Thanks for sharing this. It’s truly dismaying to see the world’s “two greatest democracies “ — India and the US — submerged by floods of sheer idiocy.
Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
From: INDOLOGY <indology-bounces at list.indology.info> on behalf of Periannan Chandrasekaran via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info>
Sent: Monday, January 3, 2022 9:59:55 PM
To: indology <indology at list.indology.info>
Subject: [INDOLOGY] "The Age of the Unicorn, Brought to You by IIT Kharagpur"
[FYI: this is related to these other recent developments from the same institute on the same topic:
* IIT-Kharagpur calendar calls Aryan invasion a myth<https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/iit-calendar-on-aryan-invasion-myth-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-professor/article38065010.ece>
* With IIT Kharagpur Calendar, the Hindutva Right Takes Another Step Away From Science<https://m.thewire.in/article/education/with-iit-kharagpur-calendar-the-hindutva-right-takes-another-step-away-from-science> ]
* The unicorn as a symbol of a Vedic rishi is among the four “decisive evidences” the sages of IIT Kharagpur have presented in a 2022 calendar, whose stated purpose is to rebut the “Aryan invasion myth”.
* The calendar has been produced under the auspices of the newly inaugurated Centre of Excellence for Indian Knowledge Systems at IIT Kharagpur, headed by Prof. Joy Sen.
* Even though this calendar has thrust IIT Kharagpur into the news, the so-called “Indian Knowledge Systems” already have a home in IIT Gandhinagar, and IIT Kanpur may be next in line.
The Wire Science – Submission Guidelines<https://science.thewire.in/science/our-submission-guidelines/?utm_source=banner_article>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the INDOLOGY