[INDOLOGY] Journal of Gandhāran Buddhist Texts

Stefan Baums baums at lmu.de
Tue Aug 2 03:51:18 UTC 2022

Dear Madhav,

it may also be worth pointing out that Andrew Glass and I have
been providing a “fully interactive digital edition” of the same
manuscript on Gandhari.org since 2009, as part of our complete
corpus of Gāndhārī texts:

   https://gandhari.org/corpus/ckm0246

Any similarities to that of Mark’s version are owed to the fact
that he uses the same underlying software, which we made availabe
for general use in 2017:

   https://github.com/readsoftware/read

This software is now also being used for original work on
different source material in a range of scripts and languages.

For actual discussions of the manuscript in question, one still
has to refer to traditional article and book publications. This is
primarily Rich’s 2008 edition, but there have also been several
briefer references to it in subsequent publications, which are all
tracked by Andrew and me in our Bibliography on Gandhari.org.

All best,
Stefan

--
Stefan Baums, Ph.D.