[INDOLOGY] Access to Sanskrit manuscripts in the Tibet Museum, Lhasa

David and Nancy Reigle dnreigle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:43:19 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Is there any access to reproductions of the Sanskrit manuscripts now
preserved in the Tibet Museum in Lhasa?

A catalogue compiled in 1985 by Wang Sen lists 259 such manuscripts. This
catalogue had been almost impossible to find until Haiyan Hu-von Hinüber
reproduced it as an appendix to an article published in 2006, which I have
posted here:
http://prajnaquest.fr/blog/wp-content/uploads/Sanskrit-Manuscripts-once-kept-in-the-Palace-of-Culture.pdf
.

Many of these manuscripts had been described earlier by Rāhula Sāṅkṛtyāyana in
three articles, which I have posted here: http://prajnaquest.fr/blog/279/.

In particular, I am seeking scans or other reproductions of a manuscript or
manuscripts of the Kālacakra-tantra.

Thanks and best regards,

David Reigle
Colorado, U.S.A.