[INDOLOGY] Reminder: Public Lecture by Yasmeen Khan on South Asian Manuscripts on Oct 21, 2021 (5:00–6:30 EST)

Prakash, Pranav pranav-prakash at uiowa.edu
Tue Oct 19 09:13:44 UTC 2021

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce a public lecture by Ms. Yasmeen Khan, Head of the Paper Conservation at the Library of Congress, on October 21, 5:00–6:30 PM EST (4:00–5:30 PM CST). The title of her presentation is “From the Cover Inwards: A Conservator’s Approach to Reading Bound Manuscripts.” Please register for the conference using the QR Code or link provided in the flyer. Registration is free.

Registration link:  https://upenn.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-01fqS91TCqPheKmfw44kQ

The lecture will be presented in a hybrid mode. We will be hosting an in-person viewing party at the Van Pelt Library (Lippincott 242, Seminar Room), University of Pennsylvania. No registration is required for the in-person event. Please email robbme at upenn.edu<mailto:robbme at upenn.edu> if you would like to join us for the after-party dinner.

The public lecture is sponsored by the Andrew W. Mellon Society of Fellows in Critical Bibliography (SoFCB) at Rare Book School, University of Virginia, as well as by the University of Pennsylvania South Asia Center, Department of Religious Studies, and Department of South Asia Studies.

This public lecture will be the keynote address for a day-long symposium that we are organizing virtually at the Annual Conference on South Asia at the University of Wisconsin–Madison on the same day. The title of our symposium is “Material Texts in Post-Print South Asia: Approaches to “History of the Book.” Please find the details of our symposium and presenters as an attachment here.

We look forward to your attendance at the public lecture.

Sincerely,
Megan Robb and Pranav Prakash

Megan Robb
Julie and Martin Franklin Assistant Professor of Religious Studies
University of Pennsylvania | College of Arts and Sciences
robbme at upenn.edu<mailto:robbme at upenn.edu>  | (215) 898-7425 | meganeatonrobb.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/meganeatonrobb.com__;!!IBzWLUs!Arhu68fmAWksHK1VBC-eZt8qhJdHmmhmaY8a57kaha5JQb5GHWXkZZyjIz1jSkA$>

Pranav Prakash
Junior Research Fellow
Christ Church, University of Oxford
Website<http://www.pranav-prakash.com/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/pranav-prakash-570573167/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/4PranavPrakash>