[INDOLOGY] Question about the Indian grammatical tradition's impact on Western philology and linguistics

Ananya Vajpeyi vajpeyi at csds.in
Wed Oct 13 13:41:13 UTC 2021

Hi Brendan, if I may,

I wrote an MPhil dissertation on this subject at Oxford many years ago. I
didn't publish it, but if you put your student in touch with me I can help
with readings etc.

Best wishes,

Ananya.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 2:54 AM Brendan S. Gillon, Prof. via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear colleagues and friends,
>
> I have an undergraduate student interested in getting a better
> understanding on the impact of the Indian grammatical tradition on 19th
> century philology and early 20th century linguistics. I would be
> grateful to receive some suggestions of books and article he, and I for
> that matter, might read.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Brendan
>
> --
>
> Brendan S. Gillon                       email: brendan.gillon at mcgill.ca
> Department of Linguistics
> McGill University                       tel.:  001 514 398 4868
> 1085, Avenue Docteur-Penfield
> Montreal, Quebec                        fax.:  001 514 398 7088
> H3A 1A7  CANADA
>
> webpage: http://webpages.mcgill.ca/staff/group3/bgillo/web/

*Ananya Vajpeyi*
https://www.csds.in/ananya_vajpeyi