[INDOLOGY] Book on the Śibi myth

Asko Parpola aparpola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:17:07 UTC 2021

Dear Herman,

You must have been thinking of this book:

Meisig, Marion, 1995. König Śibi und die Taube. Wandlung und Wanderung eines Erzählstoffes von Indien nach China. (Studies in Oriental religions, vol. 35.) Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz Verlag. ix, 271 pp.

See also:

Sudyka, Lidia, 2015. Generosity at the limits: The King Śibi story and its versions in the historical and cultural context of Andhra and Tamil Nadu. Pp. 416-440 in: Tiziana Pontillo, Cristina Bignami, Moreno Dore and Elena Mucciarelli (eds.), The volatile world of sovereignty: The vrātya problem and kingship in South Asia. New Delhi: D. K. Printworld.

Best wishes, Asko