[INDOLOGY] Stahl of the Société Asiatique

Rosane Rocher rrocher at sas.upenn.edu
Mon May 3 21:02:51 UTC 2021

Dear friends,

Many thanks to all those who answered my query on and off list. You are
wonderful colleagues and an amazing group.

I am tempted to impute Stahl's avoidance of even initials to the need he
would have had to choose between two languages in what was a politically
thorny situation.

In gratitude and with best wishes,
Rosane