[INDOLOGY] Stahl of the Société Asiatique

DIEGO LOUKOTA SANCLEMENTE diegoloukota at ucla.edu
Mon May 3 18:33:50 UTC 2021

  Dear Prof. Rocher,

  As far as I can ascertain, "Monsieur Stahl" is Charles-Auguste Stahl (see
p. 52, point 6 here:
http://real-j.mtak.hu/5450/1/CsomaKorosiBulletin_1984-1988.pdf). A
different source (
https://archive.org/details/lafacultdeth00gruoft/page/154/mode/2up, pp.
154-155) gives his date of birth as 1799 along with very interesting
biographical details, but no date of death.
  Wishing you good luck in your inquiries and seizing the occasion to
express my admiration for your work,

  *namaskaromi*,

  Diego