Re: [INDOLOGY] Aṅgula

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Thu Jan 14 18:42:34 UTC 2021

Aṅgulimāla

A murderous robber "wearing a necklace of [human] fingers", known from
Buddhist sources.

Question: Apart from Angulimala, is there any mention in ancient Indian
texts of someone wearing a finger necklace?

Is there - perhaps - any mention of someone wearing a measuring tape around
their neck?

With New Year's Greetings,

Artur Karp

University of Warsaw