[INDOLOGY] CfP Spalding Symposium on Indian Religions, deadline 22 Jan

Kush Depala kushdepala at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:49:46 UTC 2021

Dear Indology list members,

A reminder that the CfP deadline is in ten days' time. Apologies for
cross-posting.
Call for papers: 2021 Spalding Symposium
<https://spaldingsymposium.org/2020/12/06/call-for-papers-2021-spalding-symposium/>

*Spalding Symposium on Indian Religions*

Call for Papers – Deadline 22 January 2021:

We invite proposals for papers for the 46th Spalding Symposium on Indian
Religions, which will be held *online*, on 23-25 April 2021. Our purview
includes both religions of South Asian origin wherever in the world they
are being practised, and those of non South Asian origin present within
South Asia. We welcome papers based upon all research methods, including
textual, historical, ethnographic, sociological and philosophical.

Presenters are allocated forty minutes for their paper and twenty
minutes for discussion. There is no conference fee, but all presenters and
attendees must register. We also welcome proposals from doctoral students,
who will be allocated twenty minutes for their paper and ten
minutes for discussion.

We are delighted to announce our keynote speakers:

   - Dr Jacqueline Suthren Hirst, who recently retired from Manchester
   University, UK
   - Prof. Oliver Freiberger of the University of Texas at Austin, USA

If you would like to give a presentation, please send a title and abstract
(maximum 500 words) to the Spalding Symposium committee:
spaldingsymposium1 at gmail.com, by 22 January 2021.

Best wishes,

Kush on behalf of the Spalding Symposium organising committee

The Spalding Symposium organising committee:
Dr Avni Chag (a.chag at soas.ac.uk), Dr Karen O'Brien-Kop (
Karen.OBrien-Kop at roehampton.ac.uk), Dr Brian Black (b.black at lancaster.ac.uk
),
and Kush Depala (kush.depala at stud.uni-heidelberg.de).