[INDOLOGY] Re: Hymns that are a mixture of sanskrit and vernacular languages

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Sun Feb 14 01:36:00 UTC 2021

Dear Harry,

     Here is an example of Hindi-Sanskrit language mixture in a Bhajan
composed by Goswami Tulasidas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shri_Ramachandra_Kripalu

     I have discussed some examples of language mixture in an article.
Please see the attached file.  Best,

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]