[INDOLOGY] Fwd: 34th Deutscher Orientalistentag 12th-17th September 2022

Roland Steiner steiner at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Dec 23 15:05:36 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "Härtel, Stefan" <stefan.haertel at fu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 15:07:04 +0100
Subject: 34th Deutscher Orientalistentag 12th-17th September 2022

Berlin, 22.12.2021

34th Deutscher Orientalistentag 12th-17th September 2022

Dear colleagues,

the 34th Deutscher Orientalistentag (DOT) will take place at the Freie
Universität Berlin from 12th to 17th September 2022. It will mark the
100th anniversary of this prestigious event of the Deutsche
Morgenländische Gesellschaft. On this occasion, we are welcoming Jan
Assmann and Ronit Ricci as keynote speakers.

This DOT will introduce a “Digital Humanities” workshop in which
current digital projects can be presented simultaneous to the regular
section programme.

The registrations are developing well. We also currently have 70 panel
registrations. Nevertheless, the organisation committee is aware that
the pandemic situation still leads to uncertainties which can make the
decision whether to participate or not difficult. We therefore would
like to make explicit that in case of a cancellation, there will be a
full refund of paid fees.

The individual deadlines have been modified following an observation
of the developments:

*Submission of panels will be possible until 10.01.2022. These are to
be sent via e-Mail to dot2022 at fu-berlin.de. We can only consider panel
submissions that have at least three confirmed participants. We ask
for the registration of the individual participants at
https://www.conftool.pro/dot2022/ where additionally, the individual
abstracts are to be uploaded with a notice which panel they belong to.
Further panel participants can register until 31.01.2022.

*The submission of abstracts is possible until 31.01.2022. These are
to be uploaded using an account registered at
https://www.conftool.pro/dot2022/. Abstracts are limited to 250 words.

*The “Early Bird” registration fees of €120/€60 (reduced) are valid
until 31.01.2022.

*Normal registration fees of €150/€75 (reduced) are valid from 01.02.
to 30.06.2022.

*Registration with a late fee of €180/€100 (reduced) is possible from
01.07. until the start of the conference.

The sections and their heads are:

African Studies (Tom Güldemann)
Ancient Oriental Studies (Eva Cancik-Kirschbaum)
Arabistics (Beatrice Gründler)
Caucasian Studies (Manana Tandaschwili)
Central Asian Studies (Abdurishid Yakup)
Christian Orient (Helen Younansardaroud)
Digital Humanities (Alberto Cantera Glera, Beatrice Gründler)
Egyptology and Coptology (Tonio Sebastian Richter)
Indo-European Studies (Matthias Fritz, Michael Meier-Brügger)
Indology and South Asian Studies (Ingo Strauch)
Iranian Studies (Alberto Cantera Glera, Christoph U. Werner)
Islam in Europe (Schirin Amir-Moazami)
Islamic Studies (Birgit Krawietz, Florian Zemmin)
Japanology (Cornelia Reiher)
Jewish, Hebrew and Old Testament Studies (Lukas Mühlethaler)
Korean Studies (Eun-Jeung Lee)
Manuscriptology (Konrad Hirschler)
Material Culture, Art History and Archaeology (Stefan Weber)
Philosophy (Peter Adamson)
Politics, History, Economy and Society of the Middle East (Ulrike
Freitag, Cilja Harders, Sophia
Hoffmann, André Peter Weißenfels)
Semitistics (Shabo Talay)
Sinology Christian Meyer)
South East Asian Studies (Claudia Derichs)
Turkology and Ottoman Studies (Elke Hartmann)
We are looking forward to your participation.

Further information can be found at: https://dot2022.de/en/

Organisationskomittee/Organisational Committee
Alberto Cantera Glera, Beatrice Gründler, Eun-Jeung Lee, Shabo Talay

Projektkoordination/Project Coordination
Stefan Härtel
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Geschichts- und Kulturwissenschaften
Institut für Iranistik der Freien Universität Berlin
Fabeckstr. 23-25 (Raum 1.1022)
14195 Berlin

mcc Agentur für Kommunikation
Bülowstr. 66, Aufgang D1