[INDOLOGY] Rgveda complete study material and reverse word index

Camillo Formigatti camillo.formigatti at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 26 10:03:56 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues.

Please forgive me for sharing my two pennies with you, above all because I'm not a Vedic scholar. However, the discussion about Western vs Indian Indology goes well beyond the boundaries of Vedic studies, as we all know -- unluckily, if I may say so.

In my modest opinion, nominal arguments based on analysis of labels in -isation (or -ization, if your prefer the American spelling, apparently the West is not a monolithic entity even in terms of English grammar), are merely vitaNDa -- but again, I might be wrong. Let's start from a materialistic approach instead and see who in fact represents the two points of view and, even more importantly, for which economic, political, and social reasons are doing so. Only then this discussion will be fruitful, otherwise we will be beating around the bush. If you think that this list is not the right place for this kind of discussion, I perfectly agree with you and you can let this message be the last one of this thread.

Best wishes,

Camillo

P.S. As to labels, please feel free to infer what is my materialistic stance based the analysis of the economic, political, and social relationships in a given historical period of a given society -- if you so wish.

________________________________

Dr Camillo A. Formigatti

Information Analyst – FAMOUS Project

Bodleian Libraries