[INDOLOGY] François Gros (1933-2021)

Eli Franco franco at uni-leipzig.de
Sun Apr 25 15:14:26 UTC 2021

Dear Srilata,
This sad news indeed. We used to be close when I lived in Pondicherry
in 1979 and I greatly admired his sharp intellect, broad horizons, and
not the least his witty, ironical remarks. One that stuck, and by
which, I think, he would like to be remembered is: “Les élèves de
monsieur Filliozat sont des autodidactes.” (He meant Jean, of course.)
Best wishes,
Eli

--
Prof. Dr. Eli Franco
Institut für Indologie und Zentralasienwissenschaften

Ph. +49 341 9737 121, 9737 120 (dept. office)
Fax +49 341 9737 148