[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit Lecturer Position, University of Texas at Austin

Donald R Davis drdj at austin.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 30 21:51:56 UTC 2020

The Department of Asian Studies at the University of Texas at Austin<https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/asianstudies/> invites applications for a full-time lecturer in the Sanskrit language, to begin September 1st, 2021. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching three courses per semester: first- and second-year Sanskrit and a third course in the applicant’s area of expertise, according to departmental needs. Located at the flagship campus of the University of Texas System, our department offers a congenial and exciting context for teaching and research in the classical languages and cultures of South Asia.

Qualifications
Candidates must have a minimum of a Master’s degree (Ph.D. is strongly preferred) in the Sanskrit language or in a closely-related field. A record of teaching excellence in the American university context is also strongly preferred. We are especially interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their teaching, research, and service. The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be required to complete the Federal Employment Eligibility Verification form, I-9, and will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove identity and authorization to work in the United States.

Application Instructions
Interested candidates are invited to upload via Interfolio<https://apply.interfolio.com/79010>: 1) a cover letter detailing their qualifications and teaching experience, 2) a detailed curriculum vitae that includes a list of three referees from whom we could solicit a recommendation at a later point. The deadline for applications is November 6, 2020. Please direct questions about the search to Prof. Don Davis (drdj at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:drdj at austin.utexas.edu>) with the words “Sanskrit search” in the subject line.

For additional application instructions, please contact Lucy Enniss (enniss.lucy at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:enniss.lucy at austin.utexas.edu>). If you do not have a dossier account with Interfolio, you will be prompted to create one prior to applying for the position. Assistance is available from Interfolio’s Customer Support: help at interfolio.com<mailto:help at interfolio.com> or call (877) 997-8807.

https://apply.interfolio.com/79010