[INDOLOGY] Is this hymn title in sanskrit?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri Sep 18 15:38:18 UTC 2020

Dear Harry,

     The word ārtikyam does appear in late Sanskrit texts, mainly texts
describing the procedure of Pūjā.  I have seen "ārtikyam pratigr̥hyatām".
If you search with the word ārtikyam on Google, numerous such texts will
pop up.  This is probably explainable as Sanskritization of the vernacular
word ārati.

Madhav
Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]