Re: [INDOLOGY] Brāhmī in Sri Lanka

Harry Falk falk at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 11 09:22:16 UTC 2020

I quote:
- given half the chance, modern historians of ancient India will not stop
at anything!
- writing was known in historic India around 500 BC.
- orthodox ‘comparative philologists’ of the nineteenth century.
- strong smell of racism
- Birch leaf fragments have been identified in its Black-and-Red Ware
level dated around 800 BC [for nothing but writing]
- direct hard evidence
sancta simplitas!
The lamented and truly knowledgable dear friend Iravathan Mahadevan had
sent the book to me as well. We were fully d'accord regarding its nature.
Was he a racist?
Harry Falk