[INDOLOGY] Need assistance

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu Sep 3 14:05:58 UTC 2020

I have joined a Marathi group here in the Bay Area that plans to read
Jñāneśvara's Amr̥tānubhava.  The very first verse salutes Nivr̥ttinātha as
his Guru.  I have tried to locate compositions of Nivr̥ttinātha himself,
without any success so far.  I would appreciate any help on sources, and
also on the connection of Nivr̥ttinātha to the Nātha tradition, and the
connection of the Nātha tradition to Kashmiri Shavism.  With best wishes,

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]