[INDOLOGY] diacritical marks on Mac

James Hartzell james.hartzell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:34:13 UTC 2020

HI Matthew
I use Catalina on a Macbook Pro. For Sanskrit diacritics I find EasyUnicode
added as a keyboard sorts out most diacritic challenges (thanks to Tom
Yarnell for originally pointing this out). On iOS devices you can create
your own diacritic shortcuts in the Keyboard Text Replacement feature.
Cheers
James

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 3:30 PM Matthew Kapstein via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I recently bought a new MacBook Pro with the OS Catalina.
> My old MacBook had an earlier OS, in which it was quite easy to locate
> characters with diacritical marks not among the standard Mac accents, which
> would then be stored in a tab called 'favorites' with keyboard preferences.
> In Catalina, that is gone, and I do not see any easy way to locate and
> insert the diacritical marks. I would be grateful for some pointers.
>
> with thanks in advance,
> Matthew
>
> Matthew Kapstein
> Directeur d'études, émérite
> Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Paris
>
> Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
> The University of Chicago

James Hartzell, PhD (2x)
Donostia-San Sebatián, Spain
Center for Mind/Brain Sciences (CIMeC), The University of Trento, Italy
Center for Buddhist Studies, Columbia University, USA