[INDOLOGY] diacritical marks on Mac

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 20 13:30:10 UTC 2020

Dear friends,

I recently bought a new MacBook Pro with the OS Catalina.
My old MacBook had an earlier OS, in which it was quite easy to locate characters with diacritical marks not among the standard Mac accents, which would then be stored in a tab called 'favorites' with keyboard preferences.
In Catalina, that is gone, and I do not see any easy way to locate and insert the diacritical marks. I would be grateful for some pointers.

with thanks in advance,
Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études, émérite
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Paris

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago