[INDOLOGY] Six calamities

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Wed Oct 14 17:58:46 UTC 2020

Having experienced terrifying wildfires in California, I wonder why this
list of ईतिs did not include something like दावानल.  Were such wildfires
not that common in ancient India?

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]