Re: [INDOLOGY] Śatapatha Brāhmana PDF needed

Lindquist, Steven slindqui at mail.smu.edu
Mon Oct 5 01:27:12 UTC 2020

A. Weber, Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa in the Mādhyandina...is the critical edition go to (if memory serves, GRETIL is based on this).  It may be available on archive.org. There is also The Śatapatha-Brāhmaṇa, ed. Sanskrit with notes and index by Maitreyi Deshpande (also with trans of Julius Eggeling), New Bharatiya Book Corp. 4. vols., 2008.

As for Kāṇva, see also the text and trans of CR Swaminathan, Kāṇvaśatapathabrāhmaṇam, Indira Gandhi National Center for the Arts, New Delhi, 7 vols., 1994-2015.

My best,

STEVEN E. LINDQUIST, PH.D.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, RELIGIOUS STUDIES
DIRECTOR, ASIAN STUDIES

Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences, SMU
PO Box 750202 | Dallas | TX | 75275-0202
Email: slindqui at smu.edu<mailto:slindqui at smu.edu>
Web: http://faculty.smu.edu/slindqui