[INDOLOGY] Help with publication

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan palaniappa at aol.com
Sun May 24 23:07:02 UTC 2020

The volume 6 is available at https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.56742/page/n39/mode/2up

But p. 22 does not seem to deal with any caste from Kerala.

Regards,

Palaniappan

From: INDOLOGY <indology-bounces at list.indology.info> on behalf of Indology List <indology at list.indology.info>
Date: Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 6:00 PM
To: "Lubin, Tim" <LubinT at wlu.edu>
Cc: Indology List <indology at list.indology.info>, Camillo Formigatti <camillo.formigatti at bodleian.ox.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] Help with publication

Dear colleagues,

I have a somwhat unusual request for som help. I would like to know if someone has a copy. Of Volume 6, page 22 of Thurston and Rangachari’s Castes annd Tribes of Southern India, and would be willing to make a copy of the page and the surrounding couple of pages for me. The topic is mantravadis of Kerala and their preparation of something called pilla thilam or “baby oil” using the six or seven month-old foetus of a prima para. I have only my notes and am far from my library in Colombia, S.A.

If the is some easier way to send the material,  that would likewise be much appreciated.

Than you,

Alf

Sent from my iPad