Re: [INDOLOGY] UNESCO Vimalaprabhā

David and Nancy Reigle dnreigle at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:48:25 UTC 2020

Dear Peter,

Rather humorous that the Thor bu blog post turns out to be by you, and I
did not know this. Jonathan Silk and Paul Gerstmayr wrote to me off-list to
let me know.

Yes, the microfilm of this manuscript must be digitized. I have received an
offer of help in getting this done, and will proceed.

Thanks for contacting Unesco about this. If they could digitize it, that
would be best. The folios are quite long palm-leaves, and this is probably
why my microfilm is lower resolution. They had to back the camera away from
it rather far to get the whole leaf in the picture. I had several times
thought of asking them to microfilm it again, but this time with one
picture per half folio side for better resolution. So perhaps its breaking
in half would result in one picture per half folio side anyway.

Best regards,

David Reigle
Colorado, U.S.A.