[INDOLOGY] corona deaths

Camillo Formigatti camillo.formigatti at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 1 16:25:14 UTC 2020

Dear Herman,

I hesitated to write a similar message until now, but I cannot hold myself any longer. I found the Sanskrit poems about the coronavirus disturbing from the very start and to me they were not a distraction, they represented rather the contrary. They were always a reminder of the fragility of our lives and in this incredibly sad moment, this is even more in my mind than ever. I haven't read a single one fully and I don't plan to read any in the future, regardless how refined their language might be. I just don't want to read them.

Best wishes,

Camillo