[INDOLOGY] A distraction from the Coronavirus

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:52:27 UTC 2020

Good poetry, Christian-ji. 24 carrot gold.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 1:01 AM Christian Ferstl via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> And Arjuna says to Draupadi --
>
> करो न स्पर्शतु ह्यद्य तव पद्मोपमं करम् ।
> करोनाख्यातरक्षो ऽसौ कामदेवेन हन्यताम् ॥
>
> Today my hand must not touch your lotus-like hand.
> That demon called Corona must be killed by the God of Love!
>
> It seems I'm kind of infected by Prof. Deshpande's karona-kāvya virus.
>
> Christian Ferstl
> University of Vienna
>

> Am 26.03.2020 15:23, schrieb Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY:
> > Draupadi says to Arjuna -
> >
> > मत्स्यं मा विद्ध्य
> > कोन्तेय भविता न स्वयंवर: ।
> >
> > कोरोनानिर्गमादूर्ध्वं
> > पुनरायाहि सत्वरम् ।।
> >
> > O Arjuna, don’t shoot the fish [with your arrow, to prove that you
> > are the best archer], since the ceremony of choosing the groom will
> > not be happening. After the Coronavirus goes away, please come back
> > quickly.
> >
> > Madhav M. Deshpande
> > Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
> > University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
> > Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
> >
> > [Residence: Campbell, California, USA]

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director,  Inter-Gurukula-University Centre , Indic Academy
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.