[INDOLOGY] our Rāmāyaṇa material on the Oxford Research Archive

John Brockington John.Brockington at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 17 09:16:55 UTC 2020

DearColleagues,

We are pleased to announce the fourth update of our material on the
Oxford Research Archive, first deposited in January 2016; this update is
identified as March 2020. We do so in order that it can be available for
others to consult even in its present, unfinished state.It can be
accessed at the same location
<http://ora.ox.ac.uk/objects/uuid:8df9647a-8002-45ff-b37e-7effb669768b>
or you can find it via the Bodleian Libraries website, under ORA, by
looking for either our surname or its title, "Development and spread of
the Rāma narrative (pre-modern)".

There are additions, revisions and corrections to the material
throughout.However, areas which have seen the greatest degree of
updating or enlargement are:

ofurther re-organisation of folders (and ordering of them by letter):
introducing a new Preliminaries folder, containing the Guidance notes
(updated to reflect these changes), an abstract and abbreviations, and
merging Lectures and papers (unpublished) and Notes towards publications
within Ancillary material into a new Publications and lectures folder,

oinclusion within this new Publications and lectures folder of a number
of our older or less accessible published articles (in folders labelled
JLB publications and MB publications), addition of a further unpublished
paper by MB in the Lectures and papers (unpublished) document, and
transferring into this new folder the updated list of our publications
formerly placed in the Bibliographic inventory folder,

ofurther revision and correction in all areas of Narrative Elements and
additional material particularly in categories 7. (Instructional texts),
8. (vernacular N Indian) and 9. (vernacular S Indian)

oadditions to the data within 10. visual (India) in particular within
the Bibliographic inventories,

oinclusion in the Further Notes (visual) document of a long list of
sculptural representations of the Rāma story organised by episode.

If you are aware of colleagues in other fields (for example Southeast
Asian languages or visual culture) who might be interested, do please
pass the information on to them – and similarly, if any of you have
access to suitable academic lists on which it could be posted, we would
be grateful if you would send it to them.

As usual, we should be grateful for any comments from anyone who has
used the material.

With all good wishes

John and Mary

John Brockington

Fellow, Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies
Emeritus Professor of Sanskrit, University of Edinburgh
Vice President, International Association of Sanskrit Studies

Mary Brockington
Fellow, Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies
Research Fellow, International Association of Sanskrit Studies