[INDOLOGY] Online course copyrights/ideas -- Slightly off-topic

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:25:42 UTC 2020

I can recommend our own university's Office for Copyright that offers a lot
of online support
<https://www.ualberta.ca/faculty-and-staff/copyright/student-staff-guide/index.html>
as well as classroom tutorials.  I've attended one of these and it was
small and quite focussed.  Recommended.

The short version is this: place two statements on all materials you
release:

   1. a copyright statement by the person who created the materials (e.g.,
   "(C) Patricia Sauthoff, 2020")
   2. a license stating the terms under which you, as (C) holder, would
   like your materials to be shared.  The best source for such a license is
   the Creativecommons.org, where several options are explained clearly (click
   "share your work" and then follow the prompts).
   A commonly used and recommended license is the "BY-SA
   <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/>" one, which means
   anyone copying your stuff must acknowledge that it's yours and anything
   they do with it must also be shared under the same BY-SA terms.

Best,
Dominik

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk
<https://www.ualberta.ca/arts/about/people-collection/dominik-wujastyk>

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada