[INDOLOGY] Pitch distinctions

Dieter Gunkel dcgunkel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 17:45:49 UTC 2020

Dear Professor Deshpande,

There are such studies, and you will find them by searching for "intrinsic
pitch," "intrinsic fundamental frequency," and "intrinsic F0." I'm not an
expert in this area at all, but you might take as a starting point Carlos
Gussenhoven's 2004 *The Phonology of Tone and Intonation* §1.4.3, §3.6.1,
and §5.3.3.

Wishing you all the best,

Dieter Gunkel