[INDOLOGY] चुचोर?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue Jul 21 15:54:52 UTC 2020

In his book *Radices Sanskritae*, published in 1827 from Berlin, Frederick
Rosen lists the root चुर् as occurring in the first and the 10th
conjugations, and provides forms like चोरति/चोरयति and चुचोर/चोरयामास.
[image: image.png]
I have used the form चुचोर in one of my verses, and I wanted to know from
other Vaiyākaraṇas if there is any evidence for the root चुर् in the first
conjugation.  Perhaps, G.B. Palsule's concordance of the various versions
of the Dhātupāṭha has some information. I couldn't find my copy of this
book. Rosen does not list the source of his information.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]