[INDOLOGY] CONSALD Statement on Collection Development, Access, and Equity in the Time of COVID-19

Ellen Ambrosone ellen.ambrosone at princeton.edu
Fri Jul 17 13:51:02 UTC 2020

Dear Indology list,

The Committee on South Asian Libraries and Documentation (CONSALD) has issued the CONSALD Statement on Collection Development, Access, and Equity in the Time of COVID-19<http://www.consald.org/covid.html>. The global pandemic has presented libraries with unprecedented challenges related to budgets and operations as these institutions seek to fulfil their missions to support academic research. We stand in solidarity with our colleagues in the Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials (SALALM)<https://salalm.org/salalm-resolution-collection-development-in-the-time-of-covid-19/>, the Middle East Librarians Association (MELA)<https://www.mela.us/2020/06/22/mela-statement-on-collection-development-access-and-equity-in-the-time-of-covid-19/>, and in other areas, and ask that you share the CONSALD statement with library administrators, faculty, and others as you deem appropriate.

Kind regards and thanks,

Ellen Ambrosone, PhD
South Asian Studies Librarian
Princeton University Library