Re: [INDOLOGY] Saṃmatu

Martin Gansten martingansten at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 08:27:34 UTC 2020

Dear Daniel,

I think it is unquestionably an /u/ -- I'll try attaching the relevant
page to this message. Whether it is a scribal error is, of course,
difficult to say, but it doesn't look anything like a virāma, and I
haven't seen other such mistakes in this particular manuscript (at least
not yet). I'm rather inclined at present to regard it as a kind of
metathesis.

Martin