[INDOLOGY] help with a name

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 09:23:05 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues
It is now pretty clear that I have inadvertently stirred up a mare's nest
(can one stir up such a thing? Not sure about my metaphor here).
I've passed on your advice to my colleague, and now it's his problem!
I can say at the same time however that as general editor of the Brill's
Encyclopedia of Buddhism we face such challenges more and more; it is our
intention to create what they call an "authorities database" in which
everything cited by the project is standardized, but of course as most of
you know, this is much easier said than done!

Very best, and wishing everyone health, Jonathan