[INDOLOGY] Sergey Kullanda (1954-2020)

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 22:51:52 UTC 2020

Dear All,
I regret to inform you that Sergey Kullanda, expert of Iran, Scythians,
Indonesia, passed away in Moscow yesterday. He had been a visiting scholar
at the IIAS/Leiden University, ca. 2009, and is author, inter alia, of
Indo-European 'Kinship Terms' Revisited. – *Current Anthropology*, Vol. 43,
no. 1, February 2002, pp. 89–111.
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Кулланда,_Сергей_Всеволодович
Sergey Kullanda's death was apparently covid-related, although he was not
well for the last few years. We are missing a great scholar and fine human
being.

--

*Jan E.M. Houben*

Directeur d'Études, Professor of South Asian History and Philology

*Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite*

École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE, Paris Sciences et Lettres)

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

*johannes.houben [at] ephe.psl.eu <johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu>*

*https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben
<https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben>*