[INDOLOGY] "Psychological complexity" of Sanskrit language/literature

Alex Watson alex.watson at ashoka.edu.in
Mon Aug 24 04:56:49 UTC 2020

On the topic of, among other things, advocacy within the Tantric traditions
of cultivation, rather than eradication, of emotions, see:

Raffaele Torella (2015): 'Passions and Emotions in the Indian
Philosophical–Religious Traditions', in P. Bilimoria, A. Wenta (eds.)
Emotions in Indian Thought-Systems, London: Routledge, pp. 57-101.

Alexis Sanderson (2013): Pleasure and the Emotions in Tantric Śaiva
Soteriology. Lecture, University of Hamburg.
Video recording here:
https://www.academia.edu/15271277/Video_recording_of_lecture_Pleasure_and_the_Emotions_in_Tantric_%C5%9Aaiva_Soteriology_University_of_Hamburg_18_June_2013
--
Alex Watson