[INDOLOGY] A distraction from the Coronavirus

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 12:52:04 UTC 2020

Highly inspiring !

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 6:18 PM Zoe Slatoff via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Madhav and others,
>
> Thank you for the lovely distraction. I feel inspired to join in:
>
> यं लब्ध्वा चापरं लाभं मन्यते नाधिकं ततः ।
>
> यस्मिन् स्थितो न दुःखेन कोरोनयापि विचाल्यते* ॥
>
> And when, having attained this [infinite happiness],
>
> One cannot imagine a higher gain.
>
> Established in this, one is not agitated,
>
> Even by the Coronavirus suffering.
>
> (based on *Bhagavad Gītā* 6.22)
>
> * please forgive the hypermetric 4th pāda
>

> सन्त्यत्र बहवो विघ्नाः कोरोना दुर्निवारणा ।
>
> तथापि साधयेद्योगी प्राणैः कण्ठगतैरपि ॥
>
> Here, in yoga practice, there are many obstacles -
>
> The Coronavirus is difficult to ward off.
>
> Nevertheless, the yogī should practice,
>
> Even if he is at his last breath.
>
> (based on *Śivasaṃhitā* 3.53)
>

> Warm wishes to all,
> Zoë
>

> On Apr 24, 2020, at 9:19 AM, Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
> A distraction from the Coronavirus
>
> कोरोनाऽऽगमनाऽऽरम्भेऽशान्तिरायास्यति ध्रुवम् ।
> कोरोनागमनाऽऽरम्भे शान्तिरायास्यति ध्रुवम् ।।४८।।
>
> With the arrival of the Coronavirus, peace will certainly be lost. With
> the departure of the Coronavirus, peace will certainly return.
>
> Madhav M. Deshpande
> Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
> University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
> Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
>
> [Residence: Campbell, California, USA]

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director,  Inter-Gurukula-University Centre , Indic Academy
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.