[INDOLOGY] kuṇḍalinī-stavaḥ verse 3

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 15:43:09 UTC 2020

Dear list members,
I'm trying to translate the kuṇḍalinī-stavaḥ but I'm finding quite a few
obscurities in it.  The latest is in verse 3.  I'm not clear the meaning
of  sthala-gatir in this context and how it relates to the rest of the
verse.
Verse 3 is:

siddhārthī nija-doṣa-vit sthala-gatir vyājīyate vidyayā

kuṇḍalyā kula-mārga-mukta-nagarī-māyā-kumārgaḥ śriyā

yadyevaṁ bhajati prabhāta-samaye madhyāhnakāle 'thavā

nityaṁ yaḥ kula-kuṇḍalī-japa-padāmbhojaṁ sa siddho bhavet

In line 1 is it nija-doṣa-vit sthala-gatir or nija-doṣa-vit-sthala-gatir
and what is the meaning of  sthala-gatir  and how does it connect to the
rest of the verse?

Thanks,

Harry Spier