[INDOLOGY] Highlights from the Sanskrit corpora

Martin Gluckman m.gluckman at alumni.anu.edu.au
Sun Sep 29 13:39:29 UTC 2019

Two further submissions received to add to the list (thank you to all who have responded):

1.Mahabharata for its general and omnipresent influence on all kinds of cultural and literary creativity.

2.Piṅgala’s Chandaḥśāstra with its technically varied breakdown of Ancient Indian metres & metrics, being as intricate as intriguing.

>From my side I would add the Caraka Saṃhitā for its detail and depth touching upon virtually every aspect of life (from birth to death) and giving us a deep insight into general life at the time of its compilation and the Pañcatantra for its brilliance and ubiquity.

Kindest wishes,

Martin